The Black Business Expo sponsors entrepreneurship scholarships ranging from laptop computers and up to $5000 to graduating seniors in high school going to college and K-12 Entrepreneurs. These scholarships are exclusively reserved for African-Americans graduating high school seniors going to college and K-12 students already an entrepreneur.
Our goal is to contribute to growing entrepreneurship in North Carolina and worldwide. The Entrepreneurship Scholarships are our small investment in serving our student population, whose great minds and grand dreams are to become an entrepreneur and ultimately a business owner.
The Black Business Expo is known for providing an environment for entrepreneurs to thrive by creating connections to resources, networking opportunities, supporting each other, and giving back to the community and the world.
We believe that effective Entrepreneurship is key to a successful career and successful relationships in the business community. Graduating high school seniors going to college and K-12 student entrepreneurs pursuing the following careers or college majors are encouraged to apply: advertising, business, entrepreneurship, hospitality, journalism, public relations, marketing, merchandising, and technology.
Each applicant must:
- Be an African-American
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be a K-12 student entrepreneur or
- Be a graduating high school senior who has already applied for or been accepted by an accredited two-or-four-year college, university, vocational or technical school.
- NOTE: K-12 students must be an entrepreneur or graduating senior going to college and majoring in one of the following: advertising, business, entrepreneurship, hospitality, journalism, marketing, merchandising, public relations, and technology.
- Be volunteering in the community.
- Complete the online application and go through the scholarship process.
- Be willing to present your essay to a panel.
- Be willing to volunteer with the BBX for one year.
- Record and submit achievements to the BBX scholarship chair quarterly in writing, photos, and videos. Also, prepare and submit or be willing to participate in a video testimonial as a result of the scholarship.
- Complete the online scholarship application.
- Prepare a 500 to 1000–word essay and include the following:
- Describe the business venture or entrepreneur area you are pursuing.
- Describe how this scholarship will assist you in meeting your entrepreneur/business goals.
- Describe what you have done thus far to continue your business venture or entrepreneur goal?
- How will the scholarship help accomplish your business venture or entrepreneur goal.
- The essay portion of the application is worth 35% of your total score. Make sure to use spell-check and grammar-check before submitting your essay.
- Have an academic educator such as a principal, teacher, guidance counselor, or academic advisor complete the Educator’s Statement.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a local community leader. The recommendation letter cannot be from the person completing the Educator’s Statement Form. Consider a faith-based leader, organization personnel in the area of your college major or business venture, or a local business leader.
Download and Fill out application. Please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org